Wednesday, January 19, 2022

LIVE AT DALY CITY 1986




Format : 2 CDR. 23 tracks ~ 103 min
Label : Zone 51 prod 604.01/02
 
Disc 1: 56.43
01. intro
02. same old song and dance
03. back in the saddle
04. big ten inch record
05. my fist your face
06. no surprise
07. last child
08. she’s on fire
09. the hop
10. walkin´the dog
11. red house
12.
lightning strikes
 
   Disc 2: 47.15
01. come together
02. shela
03. walk this way
04. let the music do the talking
05. sweet emotion
06. joey kramer drum solo
07. toys in the attic
08. encore
09. Dream on
10. train kept a rollin’
11.
crowd
  
   Recorded live :
At the cow palace
Daly city.CA.USA
January 24th.1986
 
Comments :
Audience recording
This was my third time seeing Aerosmith,
 after seeing them in Oakland in 1983
and1984. Cool show from way back
when at the venerable Cow Palace.
Still early in the tour, so we get "No Surprize" and "Come Together" which later were
dropped. Also five tunes from the Done With Mirrors LP, which the band was touring on at this point. It was a GA show and I recorded this from the floor with my little stereo Walkman2. No mics, just held the recorder! Tyler is in good spirits and having fun and the band is tight. By the way, the "O'Farrell Theater" Tyler refers to is a infamous strip club in San Francisco. All in all, a big party this night.
I was out on the floor of the Cow Palace for most of the show.I was excited that Joe Perry was back in the band. It surprised how many of their old tunes they played that night. I chalked that up to Done with Mirrors being a rather weak album. As a Joe Perry Project fan I was stoked (to use a term from the time) that they performed "Let the Music Do the Talking" and amazed they did "Come Together." The Palace was pulsing to the pounding beat. When Train Kept a Rollin' (one of my all time favs) came on I "cat called," My fist flew into the air shaking, my head and hair flying as my black boots were stomping. It was one of the top 10 concerts I ever went to."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment